It’s Women in Construction Week, and we’re highlighting some of the incredible women that drive our business forward every day. Keep reading to get to know Alex H., a Safety Manager.
What is your title?
How long have you been working with Gulf Coast?
What are some key strengths that someone needs to have in order to succeed in your role?
– Leadership (lead by example)
– Communication with employees (listen to what employees are saying about any safety concern)
– Continuous Improvement- (always be willing to improve the way you do your job)
– Verbal and Visual Hazard Communication strengths-(communicate the dangers or hazards that everyone will – understand whether it be verbal or visual)
– Accountability –(take your role seriously and do your best every single day, and hold people accountable to the safety standards that are in place).
What do you enjoy most about your role?
Being able to be a safety resource so that I can help pass along our safety values and expectations to all of our business levels within the organization.
What are some of the challenges associated with your role?
I believe being a woman in this industry can be challenging.
What do you enjoy most about working for Gulf Coast?
What I enjoy most about Gulf Coast is that everyone in our team shares the same vision and is dedicated to our mission. This makes a strong work environment in which people are willing to work for each other and the team. We can have challenging days but that’s what makes Gulf Coast enjoyable, being able to work with my team and help resolve the everyday issues that may arise.
What are some words of encouragement that you would give to a female looking to get into safety?
Believe in yourself. Challenge yourself. Don’t give up. Don’t be afraid to speak up.
View All Posts or Join Our Team